Unboxing and Assembly
- Open the Aerotenna Smart Drone Development Platform box
- Remove the airframe, and unfold the armatures; they should click into place
- Remove the four legs from the foam packing, screw them into the bottom of the frame just inside the motors
In a separate bag in the box, you should have the following equipment necessary for the remaining assembly steps:
- Remove the SD card from its packaging and insert it into the OcPoC Flight Controller, there should be slight resistance and a firm click into place.
- Remove the backing on the Self-adhesive Velcro® section and firmly attach to your battery
- Velcro® your battery to the underside of the airframe and securely fasten with the additional Velcro® straps.
- Ensure that all cables are connected.
The marker on each propeller is very small, so we've included where to look for them
The arrow on the GPS module points to the front of the aircraft; the rear is indicated via the ground facing μLanding.
- Using the hex screws and Allen wrench provided, attach the clockwise propellers on the motors where indicated in the picture below:
- Attach the counter-clockwise propellers where indicated in the picture below:
- Remove the foam cover concealing the controller, and unwrap the controller.
- Remove the battery from the controller and set it to charge
While the controller will turn on out-of-the-box, the battery is charged for storage and will need a full charge before flight
- Connect the USB telemetry unit to a laptop or ground station.
- Once all batteries are charged, connect the drone battery to the main plug
- Follow the instructions for your given ground control software.
Updated over 5 years ago
Be sure to check out our Built-In-Test guide for fault checks of the on board sensors. When you're ready to develop your own applications and systems, see our setup guide to further development.